The Monongalia County Child Advocacy Center exists to change those numbers and lead the fight against the cycle of child abuse through a stronger, more approachable model. And over the past year, we’ve made significant progress by providing 96 forensic interviews due to concerns of child abuse, and therapy to 451 children and their families in Monongalia county .
2016 BY THE NUMBERS
Who We Serve
- 93% of victims knew their abuser. Abuse is a crime of secrecy
- 95% of cases reported were sexual abuse
How Many Served
- The MCCAC served 809 individuals in 2016
What We Provided
- 96 forensic interviews
- A total of 451 children and their family members sought out our free trauma-focused services that included providing 1,160 individual and 56 group therapy sessions.
What Caregivers Are Saying
- 97% agreed that their child felt safe at the CAC.
- 100% said if they knew anyone else with a situation like their family was facing, they would tell that person about the CAC.
How This Benefits Our Community
- The CAC model saved taxpayers in our community $896,232 in investigative expenses this year.
Help Us Help Children Heal.
In order to continue helping children in our community begin their path to healing from abuse, we need your help.
Every dollar you donate will go directly back to supporting children here in our local community — helping promote justice for them, connecting them to healing services, and ending the cycle of abuse.
DONATE TO THE MCCAC