Let us help you help others.

Anyone concerned about possible child abuse or neglect can report it safely by contacting professionally-trained organizations who can provide effective protection and high-quality care.

If you suspect a child under the age of 18 is being abused or neglected, or is at risk for abuse or neglect, you should make a report to DHHR’s Centralized Intake by calling 1-800-352-6513, and contacting your local law enforcement agency.

If this is an emergency, please call 911.

If you have questions, always feel free to contact us.



Make A Referral:

To make a referral, please contact Dr. Laura Capage at the MCCAC at (304) 598-0344 or moncocac@comcast.net. The MCCAC provides services when:

– The child has been abused or neglected
-The child lives in a home where there is violence or risk for abuse
-The child has experienced a traumatic event (e.g., car accident, victim of crime)
-The child is grieving the loss of someone close to him or her
-The child is exhibiting significant anxiety or depressive symptoms including panic attacks, self-injurious behaviours, and/or suicidal thoughts
The child must live in Monongalia County, or have been abused in Monongalia County. If there are openings, the MCCAC will provide mental health services to children living in surrounding counties.

Learn the signs of abuse.

Changes in eating habits and school performance are some of the more common signs of child abuse, but did you know there are 10 different signs? Do you know how to react if a child reveals their abuse?